From: Alexander Alexandrov (vserver_at_murmansk.net)
Date: Fri 11 Apr 2003 - 14:58:29 BST

11 Апрель 2003 11:00, Вы написали:

> > - sysctl control
>
> what need ? I think it's hard overhead
Why? Their presence does not demand cpu time.
But makes possible convenient adjustment and monitoring of parameters...

> > - network devices isolation
>
> done. routing tables/rtnetlink also virtualizate.
Hmm.
In vserver present eth0 and eth:xxx both, and i can't bind *.
In host i can't bind * too.

> > - more resource control
>
> memory/disk usage - done.
> network bandwith, cpu QoS in planing.
Very good. :)

> > - process PID isolation
>
> hm.. can be process memory ?
No. Independed process tree (not "share" PID sequence with host mashine and
other VE).

> > - init and SysV functionality support
>
> "fake init" have in original vserver.
But inpossible send signal to it, process inittab, etc.
> SysV IPC divide per context.
> what other ?
The question was not it, look above.

--