From: John P. Eisenmenger (jpe_at_eisenmenger.org)
Date: Mon 21 Apr 2003 - 22:10:22 BST

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Brian Ipsen wrote:

> Has anyone tried to get vserver up and running together with FreeS/WAN on
> thne "root"-kernel ?? Or is this a bad idea ? - I was just considering this
> setup, but maybe I should dedicate a sepearte host for acting as VPN
> gateway...

I have that combination running and have never seen any conflict between
them. Keep in mind though that for me vserver is more of a plaything on
my desktop, as opposed to a lot of the people on this list who use it in
production environments.

I don't try to acces my FreeS/WAN tunnel from the virtual hosts, so I
would not be able to answer any questions along those lines. However if
you're not trying to do that sort of thing my experience is that it'll
work just fine with no special tweaking.

-John

--
John P. Eisenmenger
jpe_at_eisenmenger.org