From: Eje Gustafsson (Macahan_at_fament.com)
Date: Tue 15 Apr 2003 - 16:15:07 BST

If your running ctx15 or ctx16 then upgrade to ctx17. There is a
problem with 15 & 16 some experience it worse then others. 16 crashed
almost every 4-8 hours for me while 15 ran for almost 2 days at a
time. However the problem was located and patched and ctx16-1 (or as
it later became publicly know ctx17) fixes that crash problem.

My guesses is that your suffering from same problem I did and the
newer ctx patch will take care of you instability problem. My unit
that was crashing frequently with the ctx15 & 16 patches have now been
up rock solid for 19 days running ctx17. I have done everything I can
think of trying to crash this unit. Put extreme network load to it
from it and extreme disk activity and all at the same time it just
keep ticking away.

/ Eje

Tuesday, April 15, 2003, 3:34:35 AM, you wrote:

KK> Hi guys,

KK> There seems to be a need for a place where bugs is handled, and where
KK> once can search for alternate patches - and see there status. What f.ex.
KK> happened to the patch I heard of earlier fixing som problems with some
KK> programs binding to a port/ip so they listened to 0.0.0.0 instead of the
KK> vserver IP?

KK> I would gladly setup bugzilla (just as it is setup here:
KK> bugs.gentoo.org) on my own server. This is a 24/7 server - but currently
KK> I'm having a few instability problems (it crashes almost every 2 days) -
KK> and as it's headless I haven't seen the panic (I know there are some
KK> tips in the mailinglist archives on how to research this further and
KK> I'll do so ASAP).

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson mailto:MacAhan_at_fament.com

---
The Family Entertainment Network      eFax  : 240-376-7272
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
Online Store http://www.fament.com/catalog/
          - Your Full Time Professionals -

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Generated on Tue 15 Apr 2003 - 16:44:54 BST by hypermail 2.1.3