From: Schwarz Hans-Juergen (info_at_hjs.de)
Date: Fri 21 Mar 2003 - 11:48:20 GMT

Hello List,
I'm having problems to run pure-ftpd within my vservers. I asked about
that in the pure-ftpd list and got the following answer:

--- snip

> from the debs. The Problem is when I try to start pure-ftpd I get the
> following error:
> 421 Unable to switch capabilities : Operation not permitted

  When the libcap library is installed, Pure-FTPd will use some specific
Linux system calls to reduce its field of action.

  The error you get probably means that your kernel refused to change
capabilities.

--- snip

I'm running everything on Debian 3.0 woody and installed pure-ftpd over
apt-get. I tried it with "S_CAPS="CAP_SYS_RESOURCE" but this did not
the trick. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Regards

Hans-Juergen

Generated on Fri 21 Mar 2003 - 12:21:44 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3