From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Wed 12 Mar 2003 - 00:11:49 GMT

Ever since I compiled my very-own kernel (and it works) I'm feeling kind
of smug. The system has been up for 5 days plus some hours without
getting hit by the infamous ctx16 bug(?).

So I'm once again in search of the minimal vserver. This time I taken a
different approach. Since many of us seem to to be having a problem with
creating a new vserver from RHL CDs I took the cheap route and made my
base one from the main server. I'm now in the process of clearing out all
the inapropriate and unnecessary stuff. A final clean up on a vserver by
vserver basis will be performed as they are created.

So to the nuts and bolts of the issue. Has anyone trimed /etc/init.d down
to those things that can and need to run in a vserver. ntpd sure is a
candidate along with rawdevices. What else can I deleted? I am not
concerned about breaking RPM packages, such as deleting a file inserted /
created by a package.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Rod