From: bolle (bolle_at_lieblinx.net)
Date: Mon 10 Mar 2003 - 15:46:57 GMT

Hello everybody!
I wonder if anybody might be able to help me with a vserver-related
su-problem.

I set up a remote host-server, now hosting up to 3 vservers with each a
singular ip-address. These vservers were set up by copying and renaming a
"master-vserver" and its configuration file.

To access these vservers via ssh I had to add 3 "ListenAddress" entries in
the host's sshd-config file and change the sshd-config file in each of the
vservers to the appropriate "ListenAddress" IP-Address. This works fine, all
the vservers and the host-server can be accessed via ssh.

My problem is that you can't "su" within one of the vservers. Each vserver
accepts ssh-connections either as root or as one of the guest accounts. But
if I login via ssh as one of the guest-accounts and try to "su" to become
root all I get is an "su : Authentication failure". Logging in in the
"master-vserver" as a guest and doing "su" is successful.

It's obvious that I missed and/or did mix up something, but I can't think of
a reason for such a strange behavior.

It would be great if anybody could give me a hint to solve this weird problem!

Thanx in advance
Alexander

Generated on Mon 10 Mar 2003 - 15:18:38 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3