From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Wed 05 Mar 2003 - 10:56:40 GMT

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:48, you wrote:
> In order for each vserver to be guaranteed to have access at least to
> its share of the available bandwidth, is it a must to use QoS?

It sure is!

> In this case, which QoS implementation would be the most suitable to
> share network resources equally between vservers?

For egress shaping:

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.html

You probably want to use the Heirarchical Token Bucket ...

For ingress policing:

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.adv-qdisc.ingress.html

I think again you'd want to attach some other classful qdisc to the
ingress. I haven't attempted ingress policing for vserver myself - it's
not usually as much of a problem. But take a look at the wondershaper
script (also on the lartc site) which uses it.

--
Sam Vilain, sam_at_vilain.net

MTV is the lava lamp of the 1980's. -- Doug Ferrari