From: Eje Gustafsson (Macahan_at_fament.com)
Date: Wed 05 Mar 2003 - 00:00:29 GMT

I had the kernel panics with 2.4.20ctx-16 no SCSI but ext3 is used.

/ Eje

RAA> In a previous message or two I whined and sniveled about not having a NIC
RAA> driver. Jacques and Herbert offered some excellant suggestions and I amd
RAA> now in the process of re-building the 2.4.20ctx-16 kernel. Since I'm
RAA> mostly a user I haven't followed all the discussions about the ctx-16
RAA> lockup issue(s) and am afraid I'm going to get bitten by this since my
RAA> memory says it has to do with ext3 files systems and possibly SCSI
RAA> systems.

RAA> So after all this drivel I would like some thoughts on customized
RAA> (_really customized_) ctx kernels! Would some of my problems with SCSI go
RAA> away if I went with the SCSI drivers compiled in verses as modules? are
RAA> there any tricks to determine what can be left out and what can't.

RAA> ---===+++*** Yikes !!! ***+++===---

RAA> I just saw the following message while doing a make module_install

RAA> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20ctx-16/kernel/fs/jfs/jfs.o
RAA> depmod: IS_IMMUTABLE

RAA> Since I deleted all the messages that deal with this can anyone offer me a
RAA> Reader's Digest version of what needs to be done?

RAA> TIA,
RAA> Rod

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson mailto:MacAhan_at_fament.com

---
The Family Entertainment Network      http://www.fament.com
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
eBay UserID : macahan
          - Your Full Time Professionals -

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Generated on Wed 05 Mar 2003 - 00:53:59 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3