From: Guillaume Plessis (gui_at_moolfreet.com)
Date: Mon 24 Feb 2003 - 10:21:05 GMT

Hi there!

I have some trouble running bind9 on my debian woody vservers. The same
problem than the one described in the vserver FAQ happens (capset failed).

I followed the different pieces of advice :
- I added the CAP_SYS_RESOURCE capability to my vservers
- I compiled bind 9 with --disable-linux-caps option (backport from
debian unstable)

=> it's always wrong

- I added the --disable-threads option to the bind9 ./configure in order
to run named as root (I know that's foolish)

=> named doesn't run

- I installed the Paul's debs

=> the samed problem occurs

Did someone meet the same problem? Could you help me?

Best regards

Gui

Generated on Mon 24 Feb 2003 - 10:36:37 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3