From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 19 Feb 2003 - 18:38:56 GMT

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:43:01PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> writes:
>
> > (or at least disabled the console blanking)
>
> How does one do that?

Justin had a view lines to disable console blanking
and as far as I remember some script to do that

   setterm -term linux -blank 0 > /dev/tty0
   setterm -term linux -powerdown 0 > /dev/tty0
   setterm -term linux -powersave off > /dev/tty0

or you could change the blankinterval
in drivers/char/console.c to zero, which schould
disable console blanking once and forever ...

> Anyway, we apparently have two problems: 1) 2.4.20ctx16 crashing (as
> many others have seen), and 2) buggy Ethernet driver. See
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hardware.dell.poweredge/3000
>
> We have been running the bcm5700 driver.

was there any reason for GBit networking, or
is this "planning for the future" ...

> There is a fixed driver available, but it's for 2.4.20 only. Is there any
> ctx13 patch floating around anywhere that can be applied to 2.4.20?

it shouldn't be too hard to adapt ctx13 to 2.4.20

(ctx14 is available for 2.4.20 at
 http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.20-ctx14/)

but, as I mentioned several times, I would not look
for the specific cause in ctx13-ctx16, because it seems
to me like a probability issue (more/less likely with
this/that)

> -- John

Generated on Wed 19 Feb 2003 - 18:55:58 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3