From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 19 Feb 2003 - 16:11:29 GMT

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:46:07AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This morning we had a server-down problem yet again. This time, we
> were running 2.4.19ctx13 (I had downgraded after our crashes with
> 2.4.20ctx16). There was no panic message; just a blank screen. So
> there's little else to report.

you should have used some serial console ...
(or at least disabled the console blanking)

> Has there been any success tracking down the widely-reported 2.4.20
> crashes?

hmm, guess not, we had moderate good reports some with
ksymoops and some without, everything points to some
scheduling from/within a softirq (preferable ethernet)
but there are too few reports including the hardware
config and driver information to easily nail it down
without a kernel debugger attached ...

(please correct me if I'm wrong)

> -- John

Generated on Wed 19 Feb 2003 - 16:40:35 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3