From: Mario Lorenz (ml-vserv_at_vdazone.org)
Date: Fri 07 Feb 2003 - 12:09:49 GMT

Am 06. Feb 2003, um 19:09:47 schrieb Wolfgang Rest:
> oh.... sorry wrong email. ;(

> sorry guys, was a kernel problem.
>
> i installed kernel-2.4.20ctx-16 and now it works.

I assume this is the same problem I described. Unfortunately
Alexey didnt have the time to look into the problem yet.

In short: Alexey's kernel patch makes a chbind change the IP bindings
on a per-context level, whereas the official ctx-16 patch (and the
chbind manpage) has chbind change the IP binding for children, without
regard to the context. The resulting problem is that chbind, which is called
rather early by the vserver scripts (at least 0.22), changes the bind
root for the root context, instead of the children it meant to change...

Mario

--
Mario Lorenz                            Internet:    <ml_at_vdazone.org>
                                        Ham Radio:   DL5MLO_at_OK0PKL.#BOH.CZE.EU