From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Tue 04 Feb 2003 - 01:28:02 GMT

The server was down for a good part of the weekend. Unfortunate, but not
a bug.

On Saturday, there was a scheduled maintenance for the building electricity. They
had to cut the power for few hours. So our sysadmins took all server down
(since our UPS do not handle such a long power failure). Unfortunatly, when
they turn on all servers, they forgot mine :-(

About backup MX, I don't like this much. This gives to the poster a fall sens of
delivery. Most SMTP server will queue for several days, but inform the
sender every few hours about the delivery problem. Opinion welcome.

btw, ftp.solucorp.qc.ca is a different machine, hosted at a different place.
The DNS (primary and secondary) are on the same rack though...