From: Bill Brigden (bill_at_baghead.co.uk)
Date: Sat 01 Feb 2003 - 15:40:04 GMT

The problem I suspected was a older release of the mm packages, where
restarting apache caused memory semaphore files to get stuck in memory...
You can see the limit of semaphore's by typing:
ipcs -l

or you can view the list of open semaphore's with:

ipcs -s

I had a problem on a server where this happened with lots of apache's
running as different users...