From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Fri 31 Jan 2003 - 18:51:50 GMT

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Brandon Hoult wrote:
> but the dns resolution does not work.

  1. Is $vserver/etc/resolv.conf populated?
  2. Sending UDP through localhost used to get b0rked.

Check that if up are trying to query a named running on the same physical
server that you specify the external addresses in `/etc/resolv.conf'.

> I can't access it from any other machine on the network.

SSHd for instance is probably trying to do reverse-resolution when you try
and login to the many which means that if DNS is not working it will
probably sit there and appear to `hang'.

Which are the last messages from:

  user_at_remote-box:~$ ssh -v vserver

> I copied a working vserver from another machine to this one

You may also be interested in:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/debian/

        -Paul

--