From: Mark Sutton (mark_at_mailforme.co.uk)
Date: Wed 29 Jan 2003 - 15:19:00 GMT

I've just spent some time hacking the newvserver script to install VServers from local build-lists and RPM repository. It's helped me to better understand how everything hangs together, but there's one thing I don't get... What is the purpose of setting up the following mount point in /usr/lib/vserver/install-post.sh?

        if [ ! -f $VROOT/etc/fstab ] ; then
                echo /dev/hdv1 / ext2 defaults 1 1 >$VROOT/etc/fstab
                echo /dev/hdv1 / ext2 rw 1 1 >$VROOT/etc/mtab

It was my understanding that root in a VServer couldn't mount/umount devices from within the VPS anyway, so what purpose does this serve?

Also, what is the best way to entirely remove a VServer? When I do vserver XXX stop not everything is unmounted, so deleting all the contents is obviously not possible. Do I have to unmount everything manually and then delete or am I missing something here.

Sorry for the newbie-ish questions but I'm nearly there with it all now ;)

I'll be happy to share my work with VServer once it's all figured out.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Generated on Wed 29 Jan 2003 - 15:56:52 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3