From: Lyashkov Alexey (shadow_at_itt.net.ru)
Date: Wed 15 Jan 2003 - 10:47:39 GMT

Hello Adam,

AHP> The newvserver command that I reported yesterday actually caused a
AHP> kernel panic. I couldn't see the full text of the panic, and I
AHP> couldn't scroll back or see more, because everytime I hit a key, it
AHP> caused the kernel to re-panic or at least print out the panic message
AHP> again. Now that the machine is back up, what's the best way to figure
AHP> out what went wrong?
ok Adam. i also find it after make kernel from clean sources. There
was an unsuccessful optimization attempt between the recent versions.

"broadcast: Host name lookup failure" loop in vserver build command
is bug vserver script when chbind not find broadcast address.
 827 pts/0 S 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/sbin/vserver vserver2.shadowland build
1488 pts/0 S 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/sbin/vserver --silent vserver2.shadowland suexec root /sbin/chkconfig ra
1490 pts/0 S 0:00 /sbin/ifconfig eth0:vserver2.shadowland 192.168.1.3 netmask broadcast

Also had bug where vserver stop command.
Network stop use "ip" to flush network interface but looped then.
it's not only in my patch. i tested with original 2.4.19+ctx14+Herbert
diskquota under UML and obtain same result.
The easiest workaround is remove network stop from running in runlevel 6.

--
Best regards,
 Lyashkov                            mailto:shadow_at_itt.net.ru