From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Fri 03 Jan 2003 - 22:13:03 GMT

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Peter Kwan Chan wrote:
> I know Paul has an FAQ/script on how to install debian at
> http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/debian/

Debian:
-------

Yup, grab the files from there and read:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200211/0150.html

The Debian installer probably has less problems than the others since it
grabs everything *entirely* off the main Debian Mirrors, without messing
about with having to have a CD-ROM image or trying to clone the host-server.

If people could work out how to do the other distributions in the same way
it would certainly help!

Mandrake:
---------

I know Herbert has stuff setup and running on Mandrake; and last month
offered to do some nice proper packages after somebody said they would be
willing to donate some {bandwidth,testing,disk-space} in exchange:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200212/0109.html

I don't know whether this got any further.

        -Paul

--
Nottingham, GB