From: edward_at_DigitalAngel.com.au
Date: Sun 29 Dec 2002 - 01:44:59 GMT

Hi Mauro,

It appears that pppd needs the following extra privileges:

S_CAPS="CAP_SYS_TTY_CONFIG CAP_NET_ADMIN CAP_NET_RAW CAP_SYS_ADMIN"

If you modify your vserver conf file and put the above line in there, pppd should work ok.

However, the power of root inside vserver with the above capabilities would be fairly close to
that of the root server so it may not be the most secure thing to do because one could do
 a lot of damage to the host system from inside such vserver when compromised
(particularly with CAP_SYS_ADMIN and CAP_NET_ADMIN enabled)

hth
Ed