From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Fri 13 Dec 2002 - 02:40:22 GMT

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Christoph Pleger wrote:

> After applying the kernel patch and rebooting with the new kernel, I
> configured a virtual server and tried to start it by the script in
> /etc/init.d . But I got an error message "Can't set the ipv4 root"
> (Function not implemented).

What does:

  cat /proc/self/status | tail -8

give? Which will show you whether the dynamic-syscalls are being presented.
Are you using a version of the userspace tools /more recent/ than the
corresponding version of the kernel patches?

(The userspace tools are backward compatible to previous versions of the
kernel-patches, but not the other way around).

        -Paul

--
Nottingham, GB