From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Wed 11 Dec 2002 - 09:29:30 GMT

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Cathy Sarisky wrote:

Hi Cathy,

> With ctx-14 I'm seeing problem with Tomcat in a vserver trying to talk

Dave <djp_at_comm.it> seems to reckon that if you force the IP in the
config files (rather than it defaulting to localhost) it works:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200211/0076.html

and a fuller (more useful) answer here:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200211/0074.html

The reckoning seems to be that Tomcat 3.3.1 works with an explicitly set IP,
however Tomcat 4 has a bug filed against it since ``it cannot be fully
configured to use an arbitrary IP address''.

It looks like this needs the real loopback support. Can anyone improve on
the following answer: ?

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/faq/#tomcat

> until the GoogleBot gets around to visiting Paul's archive,

It /finally/ found it about a week back and has been coming back daily
since, although I have no idea how long until it shows up in the listings.

        -Paul :-(

--
Nottingham, GB