From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Tue 03 Dec 2002 - 22:10:21 GMT

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:43:03 -0500, Paul Sladen wrote
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, John Goerzen wrote:
> > In article <20021202234619.64d35fd4dd6d_at_remtk.solucorp.qc.ca>, Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> > > -We also need private network loopback devices.
> > we need a way to have vservers communicate with each other internally
> > using TCP/IP. They already can, thanks to the kernel's dummy driver.
>
> No. Currently the `lo' loopback device looks like a shared peice of
> ethernet. Eg: any vserver can see the private traffic going across the
> loopback from any other vserver context.

Not exactly, although there is a bug in udp. 127.0.0.1 is rewritten to the first
IP of IPROOT. So 127.0.0.1 does not really exist in a vserver. A vserver can't reach
a service in the root service bound to 127.0.0.1 for example. If it can, it is a bug