From: Jon Bendtsen (jon+vserver_at_silicide.dk)
Date: Thu 28 Nov 2002 - 10:29:47 GMT

Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:25:00 -0500, Samuel Cossette wrote
> > hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to mount a nfs share on a non-vserver box TO a vserver on
> > an another box. But it's do nothing and ?never? timeout.
> >
> > I don't run rpc.portmap on the box that host my vserver and the nfs
> > filesystem support is build in the kernel.
>
> the kernel NFS server do not work (yet) in a vserver. The only solution for now
> is to use the userland NFS server. Conectiva (for one) distributes a rpm.

In debian it is called nfs-user-server.
the userland server supports tcp, though there is an experimental patch
for
the kernel that supports kernelspace tcp nfs.

Has anyone tried running AFS/Andrew FileSystem in a vserver ?

JonB
ps: i would like if someone tried to get vserver merged with the Linus
tree
during the next devellopment kernel series. (2.7 ?)

Generated on Thu 28 Nov 2002 - 11:00:25 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3