From: hugh at atosc dot com (_at_atosc.org)
Date: Wed 27 Nov 2002 - 15:49:52 GMT

Hello,

To the debian maintainer,
To the ml for information purpose.

I find some news packages for vserver support in the sid debian distro.
I've patched the kernel without the debianised kernel-patch.

I use the 0.19 tools coming from the sid debian distro
and i've a few comment that you maybe already known.

When you install the vserver tools the debconf fail:

1- the first error i got 2 day's ago cannot be reproduced
now, but debconf was asking for a file in /etc/vservers/*.conf
to be correctly installed...

in fact in /etc/init.d/vserver
the
for serv in *.conf; do
statement was replaced by
for serv in $(find . -name "*.conf") ; do
So i think that problem is already fixed

2- the /etc/init.d/vserver script now include an error that need to be
  fixed in line 14:
for serv in $(fine . -name "*.conf") ; do
I guess it's a keyboard hazard s/fine/find/ ;)

3- the script want a thing that is not debian related:
/var/lock/subsys. we maybe need to create this at install stage.
as the script try to touch something in that directory

Question: why the status command doesn't use the vserver-stat to
complete information about started vserver

thank you for reading
hugh

Generated on Wed 27 Nov 2002 - 16:51:19 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3