From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Sun 24 Nov 2002 - 08:58:32 GMT

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2002, Ivo De Decker wrote:
> > (http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/). Some remarks...
>
> maybe I'll drop the CAP_QUOTACTL anyway, and allow
> virtual root to administer the users per se.

I would be tempted to agree. It would probably be easier to just give uid=0
in the context, control over its /16 worth of quotas.

> hmm, why would you like to turn it off?

> > When the patch is applied, the uid/gid change of files inside a vserver
> > happens automatically. It would be nice if this could be turned on/off.

Is there a better way of chcontext() passing *flags* through than using
capabilities. Another two example of where this is of use is:

  mangle/do-not-mangle localhost
  proxy/do-not-proxy reboot

It would be very useful to have this as an /option/ although I don't really
think of it as a capability (maybe I'm wrong). `/proc/sys' entries perhaps?

> yes of course, you can chown the files back to the root server (ctx 0)
> so everything is fine again. but you are right, context quota only
> makes sense with fixed context ids.

We should get the automatic allocated ctx-ids to start at 1024, or even just
128, which will stop anyone getting `stung'/confused and ranting about it.

> > A cosmetic bug in the quotatools patch:

Another one: Does `statfs()' need patching to return the ctx-hard-quota as
the vroot disk size?

        -Paul

--
Nottingham, GB