From: Cathy Sarisky (cathy_at_acornhosting.net)
Date: Fri 22 Nov 2002 - 19:24:51 GMT

These directions work great, thanks for sharing them! The ability to move a vserver so easily is wonderful.

I have just one question/comment: Moving a group of vservers with rsync doesn't preserve file unification, so rsyncing a handful of vservers takes a LONG time and consumes a lot of disk space on the server one is rsyncing to, until a vunify run anyway. (I had a 500MB unified vserver that required 2.5GB disk space after moving, for example.)

Any thoughts (or scripts to share) anyone about backing up vservers more efficiently?

TIA,
Cathy

From: "Geoffrey D. Bennett" <g_at_netcraft.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:23:17 +1030

Sent via the WebMail system at webmail.pioneernet.net

Generated on Fri 22 Nov 2002 - 20:26:19 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3