From: Graham Bevins (graham.bevins_at_v21mail.co.uk)
Date: Thu 14 Nov 2002 - 10:02:23 GMT

Hi,
I'm fairly new to vserver so forgive me for being a bit dense at times.. :)

I have installed the kernel-2.4.19ctx-14.tar.gz on my RH7.3 system by
untarring at / so that the files end up in /boot /lib etc.. That seemed to
go in without a problem.

uname returns "Kernel 2.4.19ctx-14 on an i686" so that looks like it's
happy.

Now to the problems...

Some of my services seem to be messed up, for example;

If I try to start mysql as the root user of the system I get the following;
[root_at_hostsrv root]# mysql
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

If I'm using the 2.4.18-3 kernel there is no problem with it.

Any ideas?

btw, is there an archive of of this mailing list anywhere? can't seem to
find anything at vserver.vlad.net. :(

Thanks,

Graham Bevins.

Generated on Thu 14 Nov 2002 - 11:27:26 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3