From: ragnar_at_this.is
Date: Thu 14 Nov 2002 - 01:19:45 GMT

Hi,

> > because you might run in an O(n^2) issue ...
>
> I don't really care this is not a performance important task you might
> run
> it once a month and it can take many hours, no problem and the above
> algorithm might be somewhere in O(n) maybe little worse.

I do not see a performance problem.

One of the basic assumtions is that the files should
be of the same size. So working from a size sorted
list of files looks linear.

For an interesting look at the files of the same size:

bash# find /TheServers -type f -printf \\n%s\\t%p|sort -rn|less

best
ragnar

Generated on Thu 14 Nov 2002 - 02:45:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3