From: djp_at_comm.it
Date: Tue 12 Nov 2002 - 18:00:01 GMT

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 04:57, Mehmet Avcioglu wrote:

> Any ideas how I can build serial console support into the kernel.

There isn't a short answer or a recipe. You really need to know how to
compile your own kernel without the ctx patch. Once that works, add the
ctx patch.

Once you have the support built in, you'll need to tell the kernel where
your serial console is, and the way you do depends on your boot loader.

I suggest reading to kernel compilation howto and the serial console
howto. You can find them at linuxhq.com or any other ldp mirror.

Good luck,
Dave.

Generated on Tue 12 Nov 2002 - 14:09:21 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3