From: Cathy Sarisky (cathy_at_acornhosting.net)
Date: Mon 04 Nov 2002 - 23:49:12 GMT

Ah, actually, I think that clarifies the misunderstanding.

You typically do NOT run services listening to 0.0.0.0 in the main server, or else it grabs all the IPs assigned to the vserver. You can edit the config files for sshd on the root to only listen to the root server's address, or see v_sshd for one that binds just one IP for you.

Services listening to all IPs (0.0.0.0) on the main server are generally a problem. The main server and services start before the vservers start, so they grab the ports, leaving nothing available for the vserver to use.

HTH,

Cathy