From: djp_at_comm.it
Date: Mon 04 Nov 2002 - 19:41:00 GMT

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 06:54, Dieter Bigalke wrote:

> did you check your server.xml file ?
> you have to change the localhost entries.
> We are running tomcat 4 in a vserver environment without any problems.

Yes, I did that (it's possible that I missed something, as I don't use
tomcat currently). What version of the patch/kernel are you using?

Tomcat 4 starts and seems to bind to the correct address. However, when
a request is made to the tomcat's port it accepts the connection but
never returns any data.

Tomcat 3.3.1 works after configuring it to bind on the vserver ip
address intead of the loopback. If left at the loopback, it behaves in
the same way as tomcat 4.

For tomcat 4 there's a note in the bug database, stating that it won't
run on solaris clusters because it cannot be fully configured to use an
arbitrary IP address. The same thing was confirmed by a jsp programmer I
know. It seems that the loopback is used for something.

This is the reason I was asking for a context-based loopback.

Dave.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3