From: Vlad (vlad_at_vlad.net)
Date: Thu 31 Oct 2002 - 14:58:24 GMT

Right now there is no quota support for vserver; People are working on it
/ talking about it but nothing you can put into production right now.

1.
The way I personally handle it, and its easier when all your virtual
servers are predetermined by the plan users select, is before ever putting
a box into a production I slice the hard drive in x amount of partitions
and then just symlink them from the /vserver dir; Its obviously a very
dirty way of doing it but it works for me :)

2.
For the quota for the users inside the server it gets ever nastier. First
of all, all the mail goes to /var/spool and absolutely nothing but user
data goes into their home dir. Every night I run a cron that does du -hs
/home/$user and if they are exceeding their quota I notify the admin, the
user, and incriment the counter in db. Once the counter hits 7 I change
the directory to read-only and leave the verdict to the admin of the
vserver.

Where logic and common sense don't cut it, violence and brute-forcing
always work.

-Vlad

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Robert Rolfe wrote:

> Sorry people but i am a newbie and i have 2 questions i need to get the
> answer to....
>
> 1) is it possible to limit the space to the VPS from the main server?
> how?
>
> 2) is it possible to have user quota's inside of the VPS? how?

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3