From: Burak (burak_at_duslersokagi.com)
Date: Sun 27 Oct 2002 - 20:46:13 GMT

actually my real problem is not binding the ip adress, the main problem is,
i can not connect anywhere except the main ip adress for the vserver.

IRCd programs can not bind ip address for the connect, however the programs
can bind ip address to accept connection. could you search thoroughly for
that problem?

> On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Burak wrote:
>
> > i have set s_caps as S_CAPS="CAP_SYS_RESOURCE"
>
> The `CAP_SYS_RESOURCE' allows root processes within a vserver to raise
their
> own allocated ulimit resources (eg. allowed core size, open file handles).
>
> Applications running in a vserver have access to all addresses available
in
> the vserver and the above capability is not relevant.
>
> > and enter the my vserver. Then i installed an eggdrop bot for irc, but
it
> > can not use the ip adress except the main ip. what should i do to use
others
> > ip address.?
>
> Applications within a vserver binding to address `0.0.0.0' will only be
> bound to the primary address of the vserver. The program will have its
own
> application-specific way of making the daemon listen, or use alternative
IP