From: Stefano (ste-sgala_at_interframe.it)
Date: Sun 20 Oct 2002 - 14:00:43 BST

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 01:13:05AM +0200, Ralf Dreibrodt wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just wanted to ask whether you know something about the project virtuozzo?
> well, the use a kernel-patch, it is like your, but with one or two features
> more.

Some years ago, a little project was announced on lkml from a russian (?) firm called ASPLinux , that was already shipping a linux distrubution ,that project was named ASPcomplete.The announce went easy, and caused not much apparent interest on the ml.
Some months later the system was almost functional, and patches, sources of the userland, and even a demo virtual server was available for all from the two web sites (.ru and .sg). I dont remember exactly but i think the patches was even GPLed as required.Somewere i shall have the latest GPLed patches (against 2.4.6 IIRC)
After a brief period of openess, and regular updated of the patches, quietly nobody released more updates and eventually the directory magically disappeared.
Virtuozzo, new and polished came after.

Disclaimer: i have nothing to do with anyone involved, i'm only an interested external observer.

sorry for inaccurancy and omissions, my memory is faulty at times and english isn't my first language.

bye
Ste

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3