From: Cedric Veilleux (cedric_at_neopeak.com)
Date: Fri 11 Oct 2002 - 20:01:52 BST

Hi,

        I have been able to successfully run a vserver on a system running Gentoo
linux. Although, when I start a vserver, here's what I get:

# vserver angkor start
Starting the virtual server angkor
Server angkor is not running
SIOCSIFADDR: File exists
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFNETMASK: Cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
ipv4root is now 10.0.0.5
Host name is now v_angkor
New security context is 17

What are all these SIOCSIF* messages? When I use the default 1.2.3.4 IP
address, they do not show up, but when I use 10.0.0.5, which is a properly
configured eth0 alias, I get these..

Everything seems to work properly. Daemon binding to 0.0.0.0 actually binds to
the right IP address (10.0.0.5).

Thank you,

Cedric

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3