From: Per R Laursen (per_at_prl.dk)
Date: Thu 12 Sep 2002 - 20:12:57 BST

Hi Lars,

> then I'm sorry to not belive you.
It's ok ;-)

> > It is posible to start a vserver from the console in RH 7.3. The same
> > behavior is not posible in SuSE8.0. (well not in my default
> > installation.)
Well, if the ONBOOT=yes for the vserver then it starts on boot.
But if i stop it and try to start it again in a console it wont start.

> so what's the output after starting on both systems? you didn't send
> any output of the program so far.
No, it was the same as you posted.

> does the rh 7.3 vserver also start the scripts in your /etc/rc.d/rcX.d
> dir?
I dont know, but it was working alright in RH, and the server could start
at boot, be stopped at the console and be startet again.

> could you send me the 3 files rc.sysinit rc and rc.local. I'd like to
> try these in the vserver to see if it's just the suse rc script which
> is wrong.
>From the RH ?
I have deleted the server again, i want it to run at SuSE.

But i tried to 'enter' a SuSE vserver and start a service (rcapache start)
and the vserver was then running, as you said.

But if this should be persistant, then i dont understand why the SuSE
vserver starts at boot ?????

Well, i have to install a RH again.

Next week.

Kind regards

Per R Laursen

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3