From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Tue 03 Sep 2002 - 23:11:55 BST

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:20:37 -0500, Matthew Excell wrote
> Quick (Hopefully) question:

> Issue:
> ProFTPd (1.2.5) and slapd (2.0.23) will only work in the first vserver
> in which they are started. It seems like they are binding to all
> addresses for their ports (thereby not allowing future binds by other
> vservers,) but that shouldn't be possible within the vserver, right?
> (Other daemons are working well in multiple vservers. . .)
>
> Please let me know if there is any other information I need to provide.

On the first vserver where you are running slapd and proftpd, can you do

netstat -atn | grep LISTEN

Normally, you should see lines like

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
tcp 0 0 192.168.3.250:389 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 192.168.3.250:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

Here you see one vserver with an sshd and slapd server running. Both unmodified and
bound to 192.168.3.250, not 0.0.0.0.

Is this what you see ?

I am running openldap 2.0.21 here without trouble.