From: BrandonHoult (BrandonHoult_at_netscape.net)
Date: Mon 19 Aug 2002 - 22:08:14 BST

Ok, downloaded the tgz and tried it. You seem to have 0.16 installed
and I am using 0.19. I started the vserver but could not telnet or ssh
to it. Figured ssh and telnet probably were not in your package so I
entered it and updated the sources then tried to run apt-get update but
got all kinds of errors "Couldn't stat source package list". I think
the problem is likely on the main server and I don't see how using your
virtual server will fix this. At this point things may bee so screwed
up that I have to wipe the OS and start over. Will wait a few days to
see if new suggestions arrive though.

Brandon.

support wrote:

> hello
> debian run wounderfull for me
> i use it on the main server and for the virtuals
>
> juste go to this adress
> http://vserver.vgertech.com/
>
> get
>
> mini-debian-vservers-016.tgz
> ------
>
> small debian woody for use in vserver package.
> not as small as it could be...
> nuno.silva_at_vgertech.com
> ------
>
> installation:
> - untar to vserver's (empty) "root" directory
> - edit vserver's configuration
> - start the vserver
> - enter the vserver
> - CHANGE the root password
> - change /etc/apt/sources.list to a mirror near you
> - apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade
> ------

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3