From: George (thumper_at_acun.com)
Date: Mon 19 Aug 2002 - 23:05:37 BST

On Monday 19 August 2002 6:10 am, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, George wrote:
> > [...] Apache refuses to bind to anything other that the first ip listed,
> > VirtualHost, Listen and BindAddress refuse to listen to any other ip
> > than the first one listed.

For anyone still scratching there head about Apache not listening on any other
IP than the first in a multi-ip vserver setup:

As it turns out Listen xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 works IF it is up where the example
is above the BindAddress section.

I had always used it in the Include file I use for my virtual hosts, not sure
why it would not work there on a vserver... ohwell...

so an example would be to be sure BindAddress is commented out, Apache will
bind to the first address anyway if you specify ServerName. and where the
examples of Listen are add the ips and ports for the remaining ips.

George

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3