From: Peter Kwan Chan (peter_at_oaktop.com)
Date: Fri 16 Aug 2002 - 22:33:17 BST

This is probably more related to generic kernel issue than vserver, but
I appreciate any help.

I have always used the pre-compiled kernel from the site, but sometimes
it works, sometimes it doesn't work. I used on it two servers and it
loaded fine, but the last two servers both did not come up. Since I am
using server located in remote data center, I don't have physical
access. Onetime a tech told me that it was "a driver" problem, and this
latest time the kernel "freezes at uncompressing kernel."

As a newbie on kernel, I have tried to read some doc online, but I
couldn't find anything useful. All four servers were using standard
hardware; there were nothing exotic. Could someone give me some hints?

Should I compile my own kernel instead? (I have never done it before).

Thanks,

Peter

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3