From: Cathy Sarisky (sarisky_at_pioneernet.net)
Date: Wed 07 Aug 2002 - 20:16:43 BST

I have the following in each vserver's /etc/hosts, which I think helps:
127.0.0.1 my.domainname.com localhost.localdomain localhost
111.222.33.44 my.domainname.com localhost.localdomain localhost
(Where 111.222.33.44 is that vserver's assigned IP address.)

Hope that helps - it certainly seemed to fix my problems.

Cathy Sarisky
www.acornhosting.net

On Wednesday, August 07, 2002 1:03 PM, Lyn St George [SMTP:lyn_at_zolotek.net]
wrote:
> Well the answer to this is quite bizarre. The only thing different
> about the test vserver was that it did not have a domain name.
> Adding a domain name to its *conf immediately caused this
> vserver to exhibit the same faults as the other ones. Removing
> the domain name again let it operate properly. Removing the
> domain names from the *conf files for all the other vservers
> immediately let them spring into life also.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3