From: Ian Douglas (linux_at_wild98.com)
Date: Tue 06 Aug 2002 - 22:15:20 BST

> how many ip adresses do you have ??

One per reseller; their clients will share their IP using the VirtualHost
directive to Apache.

> Apache can only run in one vserver/root server, if all uses the same ip.

Yup.

> > On the main server, if I run 'setup' (RedHat 7.3), I see the typcial
> > services, httpd, named, sendmail, etc., and then v_httpd,
> v_sendmail. On the
> > MAIN server, should I UN-select the httpd/sendmail services and
> only run the
> > v_ services?
>
> The v_ services, does, as far as i understand, the same as the other,
> except
> it starts the service inside a vserver. You could do a vserver enter.

So the main server should just run "httpd" and the others shoudl run
"v_httpd" ?

> Give all your vservers a different name, and show that name in the
> prompt.

Yeah, already figured that one out after removing all those RPM files...
/sigh

-id

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:41 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3