From: Dave (freevsd_at_comm.it)
Date: Fri 02 Aug 2002 - 09:53:50 BST

Hi,

I have a strange problem when I need to stop a vserver.

The vserver is stopped properly, but the corresponding interface is not
brought down. I can see a SIOCADDR error msg as an output to vserver XXX
stop

However if I down the interface manually and then start the vserver again,
the interface is brought up correctly.

Another issue I have, is that the machine running vserver needs a few extra
alias IP on it's primary interface (eth0). These are numbered eth0:1 trough
eth0:n

Doing a total restart of all vservers like this:

for vs in `cat /etc/vservers/allvservers` ; do vserver $vs restart ; done

will result in the first eth0:1 alias being brought down. I have checked and
none of the vservers has the address or name of this aliased interface (i.e.
no ip nor vserver called "1").

The system is a redhat 7.3, kernel 2.4.18-ac3-ctx12 (i.e. custom built
vanilla 2.4.18 + Alan Cox patches 3 + ctx patch 12).

vserver 0.18-1 installed from rpm.

Any hints?

Dave.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:41 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3