From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed 10 Jul 2002 - 23:54:36 BST

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:10:06 -0500, James Gibson wrote
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> > Just to say they are out. The biggest change is the multi-ip support. You can
> > have up to 16 IP per vservers. The server software must specifically bind
> > each IP. For example, for apache, this means multiple listen statement. But
> > it works.
>
> Looking good. =)
>
> Any word on a solution for the 127.0.0.1 issues yet?

No. Currently, we have two applications which seems to have problems with this
and I am unsure if this is the real problem. In ctx-12, I made a little change. An
application calling 127.0.0.1 is remapped to the ipv4root as before, but the
socket origin stays 127.0.0.1, so service checking that can see the request is
local.

The two problems I have now are samba. If your turn off oplock and and level2 oplock

        oplock = no
        level2 oplock = no

in the global section, samba works fine, We have one vserver acting as a PDC in
production with this right now.

The other is NIS. The NIS server and client (ypbind) works correctly inside vservers,
but ypwhich fails to talk to ypbind.

Anyone knows of other package needing special handling on the loopback ?