From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 02 Jul 2002 - 14:44:16 BST

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Paul Sladen wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm hoping to work on this today but I did
have enough other stuff to keep me busy until I heard.

> On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
> > The plan is to create the correct /dev entries for the Cyclades board
> > in a vserver and remove them from the main server.
>
> Yup, or even leave them in both since they're not going to be used in the
> host server.

This makes a little sense to me. What about mgetty stuff. Typically it
is in inittab and /etc and /etc/ppp. Is the vserver inittab read and
used?

> There's only one kernel involved, so the only place to load the module is in
> the main server; somebody will be able to confirm, but module loading is
> probably disabled in the vservers anyway for security reasons.

Makes lots of sense.

Thanks,
Rod