From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 02 Jul 2002 - 12:59:18 BST

I do not have a really good way to test this in all its variations so I am
hoping for some ideas on whether this will work and if I have the correct
plan.

I am going to create a new system for a 'very' small ISP and would like to
isolate everything I can into vservers. The main server would only have
ssh access. The vservers would be for the main dial-in accounts, some
domain hosting, the web server, and possibly a name server.
   The plan is to create the correct /dev entries for the Cyclades board
in a vserver and remove them from the main server. My primary area of
concern is loading the Cyclades driver/module. I am guessing I can only
load it in the main server. Will the vserver see it? Or can I load it in
a vserver?
   I see similar possibilities for multi-modem boards or even a serial
port with a modem attached for companies that want to allow dial-in to
their servers/network without the expense of a RAS or exposure to the
wilds of the Internet.

Thoughts, ideas?

TIA,
Rod