From: Christian (chth_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri 28 Jun 2002 - 14:33:48 BST

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:48:17 -0500
Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:04:47 -0500, Christian wrote
> > On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:34:56 +0200
> > Jesper Andersen <424242424242424242_at_j-f.dk> wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to compile the utils for vserver but it doesn't go too
> > > well as you can see below. I guess the problem is that I use gcc
> > > version 3.1??
> > >

> > a) try using gcc/++ 2.95.x, it uses some nonstandard / deprecated
> > stuff.(or get a prebuild binary)
>
> What is replacing ipfstream in the C++ ?
>
> Do you have a list of nonstandard stuff ? I will fix it. The difficulty
> maybe to fix it and have it compiled on older G++. Not sure

ipfstream was a gnu extension and is not in the new libstdc++

the standard supports no stream thing with such semantics, u would need to
convert it to stringstreams (#include <sstream>) or using a normal fstream
and save stream positions with pos_type/tell/seek for backtracking in a
parser. wiht pre-adjusting the buffer u will get a good performance.
anyways i didnt looked that the current source but it seems it will need
some semantic changes to adapt it to ISO-C++.

the other problem is that many stock 2.95 g++'s didn't come with the
sstream header (there is a sstream for g++ 2.95 but its not in the
package) so it might need some fallback for both possibilities.

cya Christian

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:41 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3