From: Christian (chth_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue 25 Jun 2002 - 19:17:03 BST

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 02:27:52 +0200
 <jpbeique_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I have a question, i am actually using vserver and i want to load
> vserver with specific ip examble /vserver/A have range from
> 196.123.112.1 to 196.123.112.32 and /vserver/B have range from
> 196.123.112.33 to 196.123.112.64 When i try ifconfig eth0:1 in the
> vserver it say permission denied SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: Permission denied
>
> and i try to find more info about that...
> All I know is that there is currently no support for multi-IP currently.
>
> Someone did write a patch that allows the chbind command to bind a range
> of IP's to a vserver instead of a single ip, but it is no longer
> maintained as it never made it in the latest releases...
>
> This is the only thing i found, thank again
> Me :)

no longer maintained isn't really true .. i just had no need and no time
for it.
BUT! it seems that i need the thing next time, so expect a new version
within the next weeks (dont expect it to soon ... 3-4 weeks maybe).

Question: anyone worked further on the multi-ip patch? so we can merge our
work on it.

greetings Christian

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:41 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3