From: Thomas Weber (x_at_4t2.com)
Date: Wed 15 May 2002 - 12:01:34 BST

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:40:54PM -0500, Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> The mistake came from looking at ifconfig output. ifconfig truncate the
> network device name while formating, leaving only 4 characters visible.
>
> 10 should be plenty. Note that newvserver doest no enforce any limit.

And if you already have the IP aliases defined on the hosting system
(no IPROOTDEV in the config) I don't see a limit. I have a box where my
vserver names are the FQDNames of the hosted systems.
Or might this change in future releases?

  Tom

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3