From: Fran Firman (fran_at_netgate.net.nz)
Date: Mon 13 May 2002 - 21:31:09 BST

Well I never saw that - been creating the vservers by hand.

And I've been using names like web_server , imap_server

And it all seems ok.

Under vserver-stat the full name is shown

under ifconfig the subinterfaces are called.

eth0:web_
eth0:imap

So I think it means that the first 4 chars have to be unique, not the
total length has to be four.

Fran.

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 15:41, Peter Kwan Chan wrote:
> Hello,
> I read on the "newserver" screen that vserver name can only be 4
> characters or less. Is there any reason why there is such a restriction?
> Any plan to extend it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3